Help your students build resilience with these everyday trauma-informed activities and interventions for teachers.
Each year, we learn more about the tremendous impact trauma has on the way our students learn and interact in our classrooms. The more we know about how to help our students process their trauma and develop strategies for building resilience, the better. That’s why we partnered with Starr Commonwealth, an organization driven to heal children, for this resilient kids classroom giveaway.
Five Grand Prize Winners will each receive a prize package worth approximately $500 with the following items:
- Courageous Classrooms: Skill of the Week (40 SEL lessons and accompanying resources; plus access to a trauma-informed, online educator community)
- 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School (Ebook filled with over 100 pages of lessons, activities, and case studies)
- One-Minute Resilience Building Interventions for Traumatized Children and Adolescents (Ebook filled with age-appropriate, sensory-based intervention activities that focus on the major themes of trauma and resilience for children and adolescents ages 3-17 years old)
- Mind Body Skills: Activities for Emotional Regulation (A collection of mind body skill activities for children and adolescents ages 3-17 years old)
Also, five runners-up in the trauma-informed classroom giveaway will each receive a copy of the One-Minute Resilience Building Interventions for Traumatized Children and Adolescents.
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2022 Central Time.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winner will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by June 8, 2020.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winner and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Winners receive: Five (5) grand-prize winners will receive a trauma-informed classroom prize package that includes Courageous Classrooms: Skill of the Week, 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School, 1 Minute Resilience Building Interventions for Traumatized Children and Adolescents, and Mind Body Skills Activities for Emotional Regulation (package value: $454 each). Five (5) runners-up will each receive a prize package that includes One Minute Resilience Building Interventions for Traumatized Children and Adolescents(package value: $52 each).
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.