Keeping track of time is an essential part of keeping your classroom running smoothly. So why just settle for the ordinary standard-issue classroom clock? Here are 18 fun, creative ideas that will actually make it a pleasure to keep your eye on the clock.
1. When you want to remind your students what it’s all about.
Because it’s always time to be kind.
2. And what an important part of the classroom community they are.
Every single one.
3. When you want them to work for it, just a little bit.
4. So you don’t have to answer the question a million times.
See for yourself!
5. When you want a rainbow of fun.
This one just makes us smile.
6. When they’re still growing their time-telling skills.
A fresh approach.
7. When you want to keep them grounded in learning.
It’s easy to let time get away from you.
8. Finally! A good use for those tiny pencils.
Love how this one introduces the quarter and half concepts.
9. When you want to add pops of color to a bland space.
Although these look distractingly like Skittles.
10. When you’re coordinating with the class mascot.
Aw, irresistibly cute.
11. When you want to inspire.
All awesome. All day.
12. When you finally find a use for all those stray marker caps.
Telling time has never looked so pretty!
13. When it’s time to create.
Roy G. Biv approved.
14. When you want to give them wings.
Easy to lose track of time when you’re creating!
15. When it’s all hands on deck.
Time to learn.
16. When you want to remind them, without having to say it out loud.
Middle schoolers will especially appreciate the snarky humor.
17. When there’s no other explanation other than being trendy.
I mustache you to pay attention to the time!
18. When they need to keep track of important times.
Learning to pace your work time is a valuable skill.
Do you have a Pinterest-worthy classroom clock? Share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE!
Plus, check out 6 Insanely Clever Ways to Repurpose a Classroom Chalkboard.