Though not all teachers are lucky enough (or brave enough) to have classroom pets, we definitely admire those who do. Classroom pets are a great way to teach students responsibility, compassion, and science. We scoured Instagram to find some of the cutest and (subjectively) cuddliest classroom pets out there. Take a look!
1. This gecko must have broken out of the insurance business.
2. When pets are there to help you through the dog days of school.
3. Short visit, long ears.
4. Not to be confused with a #2 pencil.
5. A double dose of Guinea Pig.
6. Classroom pets like recess too.
7. A reading buddy (shown to scale).
8. You don’t have to be furry to be cute.
9. Snakes make for portable classroom pets.
10. This one might get some teachers jumping.
11. He’s a scientist.
12. Hedging our bets you’ll love this one.
13. Much cuter in person.
14. Students love to dress up classroom pets.
15. Beta’s are an alpha choice for easy care.
16. That’s going to be a full house …
17. Straight off the motivational poster.
18. Classroom pets are truly in style.
19. He is furry …
20. A classroom pet that’s unlikely to escape.
21. Someone to call on when your students aren’t speaking.
22. It’s a special day when pets come to play.
23. Any teacher can handle a visiting pet.
24. What a ham!
25. Watching classroom pets from birth doubles as a science lesson.
26. A classic option.
27. One little duck went out to play.
28. Peaches brightens up the room.
29. Rats! Classroom pets occasionally get in the way.
30. This classroom is hopping to it!
31. Can’t wait to read his essay.
32. This classroom pet is easy to capture.
33. Transforming before your eyes, just like your students!
34. Classroom pets get into carpet time too.
35. Puppy sitting is easier with extra help.
36. This gal is ready for her close-up.
37. Sometimes the best parts of a classroom pet are the students’ name ideas.
38. This is his good side.
Do you have a classroom pet? Bearded Dragons seem to be the winning choice these days. Tell us about your classroom pet in the comments!