Winter break is close. SO close. And while nobody would argue that the last few days before winter break are the most productive of the year, it sure looks like these teachers on Instagram (#almostwinterbreak) are doing their best to hold it together and have a little fun.
1. Just hangin’ out at the chemis-tree.
2. (Not so) ugly sweater day.
3. But really, though.
4. Getting the whole family into the act.
5. Yo, Elf, stop distracting my students!
6. Big hair, don’t care!
7. Yeah, probably not gonna get too much done today.
8. Oh, I need this!
This is what you need when you’re Benchmark testing all day & your thermostat breaks so it’s 65 degrees in your room ? . . . #thirdgrade #thirdistheword #merrychristmas #iteachtoo #iteachthird #teachersofinstagram #teachersfollowteachers #targetchristmas #targetteachers #liquidcheer #pleasesendhelp #freezethemout #almostwinterbreak
9. Losing my mind, just a wee bit.
10. How many more days did you say?
Ohhhhh the day I've had. This is one of three rulers that were broken during Art today. Not to mention an incident with 6th grade to start off my day. And before that a mild anxiety attack in my room before ANY students arrived. Teaching is hard. Teaching is exhausting. Teaching is stressful. Not exactly the Monday I was hoping for. Oh happy joy joy. 9 more wake ups u til break. Where are my teachers at?! We got this my friends. We CAN make it.
11. Well, obviously.
12. The rare occasion you actually don’t want break to come.
13. Totally my plan for winter break.
Read all the books! Today I'm book talking my favorite "hot reads for cold days" to 8th grade ELA classes in preparation for winter break. Yesterday, I got to spend a good chunk of our book fair earnings at the @scholasticinc warehouse sale on books for our book club collection as well as classroom libraries. One case delivered, two to go! #readingshirtfriday #readallthebooks #feelslikechristmas #lovemyjob #middleschool #books #kidlit #scholastic #teachersofinstagram
14. These are a few of my favorite things.
15. Christmas cheering to the MAX!
16. When even your hair has holiday spirit.
Last week of school for me and the treaters have a Christmas Spirit Wedk! Today was wear your favorite Christmas hair accessory! Happy Monday and happy last Monday to those who are done this week like me! #teachers2teachers #teachersofinstagram #almostchristmasbreak #teacherchristmas #iteachtoo #iteachfourth #teachersofig
17. This guy is a keeper!
18. A visit from the Christmas tree fairy.
19. SO glad I wore my slippers today.
20. Who wouldn’t want a visit from this guy?