Every Friday, the WeAreTeachers editors share our favorite finds and news from the week, from the top teacher stories to must-use discounts and the latest and greatest memes. It gets better: if you sign up for our newsletter, you’ll get these picks before everyone else.
1. The struggle to manage teacher stress
I think we can all agree we need to do more—but we also need to work to change the system that leads to so much burnout in the first place.
2. The ultimate teacher hack
If you’re not printing on Post-its, you’re not doing it right.
3. Are fine motor skills on the decline?
Is too much time on the iPad killing the ability to write?
4. Last chance to register for the Mindful Education Summit
We’re super excited for this free, online event featuring a terrific lineup of speakers and resources (affiliate link).
5. Definitely the way I will be handling all future graffiti
Cannot. Stop. Laughing.
6. Please don’t take away our planning time
Sometimes it’s the only thing that keeps us sane.
7. What people don’t realize about teaching
Teacher tee of the week
Plus, other stories you may have missed on WeAreTeachers:
- The best classroom screensavers
- How I use one-pagers in English Language Arts
- Things teachers think during school pickup
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get our top stories every week! Plus, check out top stories from prior weeks below.
Top Teacher Stories: Week of October 5, 2018
3. It’s hygge season, y’all
7. Already feeling tired and drained? Here’s one way to reset.
Top Teacher Stories: Week of September 28, 2018
2. Schools reckon with Kavanaugh nomination
3. Give us all of the banned books
4. A math program that gives kids the extra practice they need
5. At last! We have something in common with Kristen Bell
6. How one teacher found a way through tragedy
7. Finally, a moment of levity we could all use
Top Teacher Stories: Week of September 21, 2018
2. We’re not getting our fair share of tax deductions.
3. Breaking news: teaching middle school is hard.
6. Not all of us are dealing with lawnmower parents.
7. Okay, fine. We’ll take the babysitter rate.
Top Teacher Stories: Week of September 14, 2018
1. Time Magazine cover story hits it out of the park.
2. It turns out that teachers can be lawnmowers, too.
3. Georgia schools return to paddling.
4. You could win a $20,000 trip for you and your students.
5. Teacher wins international public speaking competition.
6. Your students are amazingly smart. Value that.
7. A compelling case for reading novels in math class.