Teaching can be a LOT like a sitcom at times. Every day is full of drama, humor, and lots of sassy remarks—especially if you teach middle school.
One surprisingly relatable sitcom for teachers might be Schitt’s Creek. Just see for yourself below!
1. When your principal tells you that you have lunch duty today.
So much for a quiet lunch. 😩
2. Your self pep talks right before testing season.
This also goes for students during testing season.
3. You right after (barely) surviving testing season.
This one DOES NOT go for students during testing season.
4. When a student says, “Wait, there was homework?!”
I sense internal screaming from teachers everywhere.
5. When you’re replying to a rude parent email.
Sometimes, you just need to hit “send”, log off, and walk away.
6. When your principal observes and loves your lesson plan.
There are few better feelings as a teacher. 😊
7. Actual footage of a student asking you to round their grade up.
Sorry kiddo, that’s not how this works.
8. You overhearing anyone say how teachers are “overpaid.”
My eyes just rolled so hard that I got dizzy.
9. After working in a pun-tastic joke during your lesson plan.
All puns and dad jokes should be celebrated. 😂
10. The overly confident veteran teacher telling you to teach more like her.
Everyone should welcome feedback and advice—but maybe not like this.
11. Students when you try a new pair of shoes with your teacher outfit.
Ouch. I felt really good about them, too.
12. After the same student roasts you a third time during class.
Alright, alright. Leave me and my shoes alone. 😭
13. When another teacher offers to cover your class for a quick bathroom break.
Yep, what Alexis said. 🙌
14. When you notice a student playing games on their phone during the lesson plan.
That does not look like your calculator app.
15. When your students start gossiping about you instead of working in groups.
At least gossip about someone else when you’re in my class!
16. You when a student asks for extra credit the day before the marking period closes.
Where was this effort a few weeks ago?
17. When your students ask if you’ll have their papers graded by tomorrow.
Do I have to? 😅
18. When you’re asked if you have a teaching philosophy.
We’re all still learning, after all.
19. When you’ve had a little too much coffee right before your favorite lesson plan.
Somehow my students don’t seem quite as thrilled.
20. Students when they thought you forgot about the homework from last night.
21. When your principal emails you the first day agenda.
I’m just not ready to admit break is over.
22. Admins trying to get you excited about the upcoming PD session.
Sounds absolutely thrilling.
23. You looking at the massive pile of papers you still have to grade.
This always seems to happen on Sunday nights.
24. When a student asks you why they have to work in groups.
Teamwork makes the dream work!
25. When you need to remind yourself to let your students have the last word. (Sometimes.)
26. Your principal whenever your students are working loudly in groups.
This always happen to me.
27. And finally, when the student who asked for your help nails their presentation.
Okay, THIS is definitively the best feeling as a teacher.
What’s your favorite GIF from Schitt’s Creek, teachers? Come and share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
And if you haven’t watched yet, here’s how you can!