The Taco Bell Foundation is breaking down barriers to educate and inspire the next generation of leaders. And you can help your students get in on the action by applying for the Taco Bell Live Más Scholarship! With scholarships of up to $25,000, be sure to spread the word about this amazing program. 😍
Students ages 16 to 26 can apply for scholarship funds to be used at two- and four-year universities or vocational-technical and trade schools. It’ll help them cover qualified education expenses like tuition and books.
The best part? It’s super easy to apply! Students submit a 2-minute video they can take right on a smartphone or tablet. No essay required! 👏 Apply by January 3, 2024.
Learn more about this scholarship and find ideas for getting started in the classroom:
What is the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship?
The Taco Bell Foundation is committed to helping students chase their passions to create positive change. Each year, the Live Más Scholarship awards students with funds to help them pursue higher education. Since 2018, this program has been a continued partner with students nationwide to help them expand their horizons.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Students ages 16 to 26 are welcome to apply.
- Must be a United States resident on-track to apply for or enrolled in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational program (including accredited two- and four-year colleges, universities, and vocational-technical and trade schools).
What’s the application process like?
Students will submit a 2-minute original video that tells a story of their passions. It can be as simple as recording from a smartphone or tablet. No essay or GPA requirements!
All they have to do is answer these three questions in their video:
- How are you currently pursuing your passion?
- How do you plan to use your passion to change the world?
- How will furthering your education help you pursue your passion?
Ideas for getting started in the classroom
1. Make it a fun writing assignment.
Ask students to explore their passions and write about them. Some questions to consider may include: What am I passionate about? What do I love doing that makes a positive community impact? What’s something I firmly believe and will advocate for? Answering these questions will have students on their way to submitting an application! They’ll just need to film their 2-minute video explaining the passions they’ve already written about.
2. Learn video skills.
Introduce students to free platforms like Canva and Adobe Express where they can start learning about video creation and editing. Ask students to film their video about their passion. Then, they can test their video skills by editing video segments or adding special effects. Although these extras are not at all necessary for application submission, it can be a great way to help students learn new skills along the way.
3. Work on the application during downtime.
Have an extra 10 minutes at the end of class? Introduce students to the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship! Allow them to use extra time in class to brainstorm ideas for their application video. It could also be great to introduce during homeroom or study hall, where high schoolers have some extra time to get to work.
4. Explore careers related to their passions.
Have a career studies class? Or a lesson that encourages students to think about their future? Invite your high schoolers to brainstorm things they are truly passionate about and connect those passions to potential careers. This is a great activity to get students thinking about their future while also collecting information to help them submit a video for this scholarship opportunity!
Tips for video filming:
- Videos need to be a minimum of 30 seconds and maximum of 2 minutes. Use your time wisely!
- Stay away from any visible logos in the background or on clothing when filming.
- Don’t include any copyrighted music.
- Make it all about you! Please don’t include others in the video.
- Most importantly, have fun and be yourself.