You’re always looking for creative projects to do in your classroom—especially creative projects that will help your kids learn important skills. Here are eight simple and super-educational projects that you can pull off with minimal planning.
- Have your students create journals that cover their thoughts and feelings on tough issues. One of our favorite ideas is this “Stop Bullying” journal that helps students understand the problems with bullying and figure out how to get help.
- Help your kids learn (and practice) facts with a puzzle matching game.
- After reading a favorite piece of literature, have your students create their own books that explore the major concepts in the book. Need an example? Check out this cute Panda Bear book based on Erick Carle’s children’s books.
- Increase your students’ vocabulary and help them study by having them make Flip Flap books.
- An easy-to-make word-maker puzzle will guide budding readers through vowel sounds and basic spelling.
- Teach young children about emotions and feelings by making emotion wheels.
- Guide your kids through a new story with a guided reading cube.
- Or, help them study their math facts or spelling words by creating their own flash cards.