There is an infinite number of ways to make math class fun! Why not start your class with some of these cheesy math jokes? You’ll have your students cracking up and ready to use their math brains.
1. Why is it sad that parallel lines have so much in common?
Because they’ll never meet.
2. Why should you never mention the number 288?
Because it’s “two” gross.
3. Why couldn’t the angle get a loan?
Its parents wouldn’t cosine.
4. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.
5. Why did the student get upset when his teacher called him average?
It was a mean thing to say!
6. Did you hear that old math teachers never die?
They just lose some of their functions.
7. How do you keep warm in a cold room?
You go to the corner. It’s always 90 degrees!
8. What did one math book say to the other?
Don’t bother me. I’ve got my own problems!
9. Why is the obtuse triangle always upset?
Because it is never right!
10. A farmer counted 396 cows in his field.
But when he rounded them up, he had 400.
11. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!)
12. Teacher: Why are you turning in a blank sheet of paper?
Student: Because all my answers are imaginary numbers.
13. Student One: I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday.
Student Two: She must be plotting something.
14. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake?
15. What did the zero say to the eight?
16. What do you call an empty parrot cage?
A polygon. (A polly gone.)
17. What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
18. Why was the equal sign so humble?
He knew he wasn’t less than or greater than anyone else.
19. Why doesn’t anybody talk to circles?
Because there’s no point!
20. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach?
A tangent. (A tan gent.)
21. Who invented arithmetic?
Henry the 1/8.
22. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Because they already 8!
23. What do baby parabolas drink?
24. You know what seems odd to me?
Numbers that can’t be divided by two.
25. What is a math teacher’s favorite vacation destination?
26. What do you call a number that just can’t stand still?
A “roamin'” numeral.
27. Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?
Because it had more sense.
28. Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
29. What do you call friends who love math?
30. I’ll do algebra, I’ll do trig, I’ll even do statistics.
But graphing is where I draw the line!
Share your favorite cheesy math jokes in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
And for more laughs, check out our favorite grammar jokes and science jokes.