Math isn’t necessarily the most exciting subject to teach. You can, however, start class with one of these cheesy math jokes to help lighten the mood and ease any tension for those students who don’t love the subject. And even better, math jokes can help teach math concepts without students even realizing they’re learning!
82 Math Jokes for Kids
1. Why is six afraid of seven?
Because seven eight nine!
2. What is the butterfly’s favorite subject in school?
3. How do you make seven even?
Subtract the “S.”
4. What did the triangle say to the circle?
5. How are a dollar and the moon similar?
They both have four quarters.
6. What is a math teacher’s favorite season?
7. What’s a swimmer’s favorite math?
8. Why did the obtuse angle go to the beach?
Because it was over 90 degrees.
9. What is a bird’s favorite type of math?
10. Which tables do you not have to learn?
11. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!)
12. Teacher: Why are you turning in a blank sheet of paper?
Student: Because all my answers are imaginary numbers.
13. Student One: I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday.
Student Two: She must be plotting something.
14. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake?
15. What did the zero say to the eight?
16. What do you call an empty parrot cage?
A polygon. (A Polly gone.)
17. What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
18. Why was the equal sign so humble?
He knew he wasn’t less than or greater than anyone else.
19. Why doesn’t anybody talk to circles?
Because there’s no point!
20. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach?
A tangent. (A tan gent.)
21. Who invented arithmetic?
Henry the 1/8.
22. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Because they already 8!
23. What do baby parabolas drink?
24. You know what seems odd to me?
Numbers that can’t be divided by two.
25. What is a math teacher’s favorite vacation destination?
26. What do you call a number that just can’t stand still?
A “roamin'” numeral.
27. Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?
Because it had more cents.
28. Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
29. What do you call friends who love math?
30. I’ll do algebra, I’ll do trig, I’ll even do statistics.
But graphing is where I draw the line!
31. Why is it sad that parallel lines have so much in common?
Because they’ll never meet.
32. Why should you never mention the number 288?
Because it’s “two” gross.
33. Why couldn’t the angle get a loan?
Its parents wouldn’t cosine.
34. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.
35. Why did the student get upset when his teacher called him average?
It was a mean thing to say!
36. Did you hear that old math teachers never die?
They just lose some of their functions.
37. How do you keep warm in a cold room?
You go to the corner. It’s always 90 degrees!
38. What did one math book say to the other?
Don’t bother me. I’ve got my own problems!
39. Why is the obtuse triangle always upset?
Because it is never right.
40. A farmer counted 396 cows in his field.
But when he rounded them up, he had 400.
41. Why wasn’t the geometry teacher at school?
Because she sprained her angle.
42. Why won’t Goldilocks drink a glass of water with 8 pieces of ice in it?
It’s too cubed.
43. What do you call a teapot of boiling water on top of Mount Everest?
44. What do you call people who like tractors?
45. Why should you never start a conversation with pi?
It’ll just go on forever.
46. What did the calculator say to the student?
You can always count on me.
47. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot.
48. Why do teenagers travel in groups of threes and fives?
Because they can’t even.
49. Why was the fraction worried about marrying the decimal?
Because he would have to convert.
50. There is a fine line between a numerator and a denominator …
But only a fraction would understand.
51. Why was math class so long?
The teacher kept going off on a tangent.
52. Are monsters good at math?
Not unless you Count Dracula.
53. Why did the student do multiplication problems on the floor?
The teacher told him not to use tables.
54. Who started the Round Table?
55. What’s the best way to flirt with a math teacher?
Use acute angle.
56. What do you call a crushed angle?
A wrecked angle.
57. What did the student say when the witch doctor removed his curse?
58. What do you get when you cross geometry with McDonald’s?
A plane cheeseburger.
59. Why did the math professor divide sin by tan?
60. Why did the 30-60-90 triangle marry the 45-45-90 triangle?
They were right for each other.
61. What’s the one shape you should avoid at all costs?
62. There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can count and those who can’t.
63. Why did the Romans think algebra was so easy?
They knew X was always 10!
64. What is 2n plus 2n?
I don’t know. It sounds 4n to me.
65. What’s a math teacher’s favorite kind of tree?
66. What do geometry teachers have decorating their floors?
67. What do you call more than one L?
68. Why did the mathematician spill all of his food in the oven?
The directions said, “Put it in the oven at 180°.”
69. Did you hear about the overeducated circle?
It has 360 degrees!
70. What’s a swimmer’s favorite kind of math?
71. What shape is usually waiting for you inside a Starbucks?
72. What do mathematicians do after a snowstorm?
Make snow angles!
73. Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers?
He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
74. Why was Mr. Gilson’s class so noisy?
He liked to practice gong division.
75. How do you solve any equation?
Multiply both sides by zero.
76. Surgeon: Nurse, I have so many patients. Who do I work on first?
Nurse: Simple. Follow the order of operations.
77. Why did the girl wear glasses during math class?
It improved di-vision.
78. What tool is best suited for math?
79. What 10 things can you always count on?
80. Why did Pi get its driver’s license revoked?
Because it didn’t know when to stop.
81. What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o’-lantern by its diameter?
82. It’s always a good idea to bring a mathematician camping.
They come prepared with a pair of axis.