For the past 4 years Sonic has teamed up with Donors Choose to give more than $500K a year to public school classrooms through their Limeades for Learning program.
The goal of the program is to help fund classroom projects for teachers who are working to inspire students. This year Limeades for Learning runs through October 27.
Sonic will award $100,000 in grants every Friday for five weeks. Teachers can earn $600 per project. Project ideas range from books for your classroom library, iPads, science equipment and even field trips.
How to Get Started
- Register for an account with DonorsChoose.org
- Select Sonic as your teacher affiliation in Step 4 of the registration process.
- Submit your Projects to be included in Limeades for Learning.
- Once approved, the project will show on the Limeades for Learning site.
- Teachers can submit multiple projects for funding.
More Use Tips
- Encourage friends, family and parents to vote for your project. There is a toolbox on LimeadesForLearning.com to share your project link.
- Each project will receive a maximum of $600 in funding.
- Each week Sonic will fund the projects that receive the most votes. If your project doesn’t get funded in a given week, the votes will roll over to the following week.
- Only one project per teacher will be funded each week. If more than one of your projects is a top vote-getter in a given week, one will be funded and the other will retain its vote total for the next week.
How to Get Votes
- People can vote for their favorite project once per day per email address. Use your project link to encourage parents to vote.
- Visit your local Sonic Drive-in and make a purchase. You will find a code worth 2 votes on your receipt.
Learn more in the Limeades for Learning FAQs and find great project ideas from the Limeades for Learning Pinterest Board. If you are headed to Sonic, be sure to use this coupon for a free medium cherry limeade with any food purchase.