Right now we’re all trying hard to keep kids reading and loving books. It helps so much when we can pass along recommendations we know are top-notch.
That’s why we were thrilled when our friends at Random House Children’s Books let us know about an amazing new slate of middle-grade novels that just hit shelves! The list includes:
- The Lonely Heart of Maybelle Lane by Kate O’Shaughnessy. This sparkling middle-grade debut is a classic-in-the-making! Maybelle Lane is looking for her father, but on the road to Nashville she finds so much more: courage, brains, heart–and true friends.
- The List of Things That Will Not Change by Rebecca Stead. At a time when everything is changing for Bea and her family, the important things will always stay the same. A soon-to-be classic by the Newbery Award-winning author of When You Reach Me.
- When You Trap a Tiger by Tae Keller. This uplifting story brings Korean folklore to life as a girl goes on a quest to unlock the power of stories and save her grandmother.
- Clean Getaway by Nic Stone. From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nic Stone comes a middle-grade road-trip story through American race relations past and present, perfect for fans of Jacqueline Woodson and Jason Reynolds.
- Things Seen From Above, by Shelley Pearsall. This brilliant new novel from the author of The Seventh Most Important Thing celebrates kids who see the world a little differently.
The best part? They’ve also created a free educator’s guide called “In the Middle of It All” with lesson ideas and discussion questions to go with each book.
And if you’re looking for teaching ideas for more middle-grade titles, you can find them here. They’re perfect for virtual lessons or to pass along to families during this time.
Don’t teach middle grades? No sweat, Random House has pulled together their resources for all grade levels in this central hub.