We have a feeling that some things would change if a teacher were in charge of the country…
- Air Force One would be made available for any classroom that has been unable to raise enough fund to go on their year-end field trip, provided the president gets to tag along.
- State dinners menus would only feature food that a) can be eaten with one’s fingers and b) couldn’t be smeared on anyone else’s clean shirt.
- iPads for every teacher!
- Daylight Savings Time would be canceled. At least until there’s a Starbucks on every school campus.
- Press conferences would begin when the president raised three fingers and did a silent countdown.
- The White House would be redecorated with bulletin boards featuring inspirational quotes.
- All campaign signs would rhyme. And feature bubble font with glitter.
- All official memos would be stamped with a cute little caterpillar holding a sign that says, “Nice Work!” Unless, of course, if something did not meet the president’s approval, in which case it would get the “Try, Try Again” stamp.”