For over a century, Dairy Council of California has empowered educators with free curriculum and assemblies to elevate children's health by promoting lifelong healthy eating habits. Learn more>>
Schools may be closed, but lucky for you and your students, field trips are still a possibility— virtually, anyway . Just check out this amazing (and free!) opportunity from Dairy Council of California. Students in grades 1-6 will love learning all about dairy farming in this three-part virtual dairy farm field trip. Here are the details.
The field trip
- The Mobile Dairy Classroom: Learn all about nutrition and cows … from healthy eating habits to cows’ anatomy and how they produce milk.
- Virtual Tour of a California Dairy Farm: Meet real farmers and see how dairy cows are fed and milked, learn how farmers care for their dairy cows, and discover the sustainability measures dairy farmers take on their farms.
- Q&A: Ask the farmers your questions!
How it works
- Sessions run every Tuesday through Friday now through June 5 at 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM PST (the full field trip lasts 45 minutes).
- Teachers can register for the date and time of their choice and invite students’ parents to register them for the same online event. Use the registration password CaDairy.
- Participants will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to join the event.
Interested in this free virtual dairy farm field trip?
For help with registration, check out this video: