Brought to you by Zaner-Bloser: Strategies For Writers
Strategies for Writers teaches students to use the writing process and six traits to be effective writers — and how to apply this knowledge to new standards-based text types and written assessments.
Writing Prompts That Work! Contest
We want to hear about the most motivating or inspirational writing prompt you’ve ever given your class. Which writing prompt had the entire class so focused you could hear a pin drop? Which one made your heart swell with pride as you read the journal entries your students wrote as a result? It could be a funny prompt (e.g., “If you met some Minions, what would you ask them to do and why?”) or something serious (e.g., “If you knew your friend was cheating on a test, what would you do?”). Share your favorite for a chance to win a Journal-Writing Classroom Kit in our random drawing giveaway!
Bonus: Want an extra chance to win? Upload a visual prompt you could show your class, like the one below, that includes your best writing prompt along with a picture to illustrate it!
SAMPLE VISUAL SUBMISSION:
Giveaway Prize Packages:
Three (3) winners each receive a Journal-Writing Classroom Kit, which includes a creative-writing story-starter resource book, 24 wide-ruled composition notebooks, a box of 96 Ticonderoga No. 2 pencils and a package of 12 ballpoint pens in assorted colors (total prize package valued at approximately $85).
See Our Winners!
Congrats to our winners!
Creative writing story-starter book ($13.80)
Wide-ruled composition notebooks, two packages of 12 ($50)
Ticonderoga #2 pencils, box of 96 ($13.99)
Ballpoint pens in assorted colors, package of 12 ($6.99)
Contest ends: April 21, 2016
Winners announced: April 27, 2016
See official rules here.
- Prize Package(s)
No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States. WeAreTeachers is the official administrator of this program and Zaner-Bloser is the Sponsor. Employees of WeAreTeachers or the Sponsor and their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members (parent, spouse, child or sibling) of each are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Entry Rules and Agreements
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. on April 21, 2016, Central Time.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by April 27, 2016.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Three winners each receive a Journal Writing Classroom Kit, which includes a creative-writing story-starter resource book, 24 wide-ruled composition notebooks, a box of 96 Ticonderoga No. 2 pencils and a package of 12 ballpoint pens in assorted colors (total prize package valued at approximately $85).
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
General Program and Rules & Terms
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.