Teachers are superheroes, always going the extra mile to make sure students have what they need to succeed. But often, that means reaching into their own pocketbooks to buy supplies. That’s why Walgreens and WE have developed the WE Teachers Award—to acknowledge the extraordinary work of teachers. They’ve already recognized thousands of teachers. You can read their stories and how to apply below!
For Teacher Appreciation, however, they’re making it even easier and giving away ten $500 Walgreens gift cards to ten lucky teachers to help out with classroom needs, right here on WeAreTeachers.
Yes! I Want to Win a $500 Walgreens Gift Card
Any teacher in the U.S. can apply for a WE Teachers Award (and there’s over $500,000 in awards available). Past recipients include these inspirational teachers, who all used their awards to purchase much-needed school supplies for their classrooms:
Kimiko Cowley-Pettis, an elementary English language arts teacher from Chicago, volunteered alongside her students at a homeless shelter.
Miriam Alejandro, an AP Human Geography and World History teacher in St. Louis, also volunteered with her students, but in senior care homes.
Shawne Johnson, an art teacher in Washington State, worked with students to plan an assembly to examine critical issues that affect the school, such as diversity and inclusion.
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on May 31, 2020.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by June 5, 2020.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Ten (10) winners will each receive a $500 Walgreens gift card
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The entrant agrees to hold WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries/affiliates/agents/representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Giveaway.