Brought to you by The Allstate Foundation and WE
The Allstate Foundation is proud to play a vital role in helping WE empower young people to make a positive difference. Learn more about The Allstate Foundation’s Good Starts Young program and why they’ve teamed up with WE to bring the WE Volunteer Now service curriculum to the classroom.
When students are empowered with the knowledge, skills and resources to be leaders, they can change our world for the better.
But we know that teachers need support and tools to be able to organize student volunteer activities on top of everything else in your busy educator schedules.
WE Volunteer Now makes it easy to set up your student service project, and you can also receive a $250 grant to get you started or continue your ongoing campaign! Whether your students want to give back locally or globally, WE Volunteer Now will help you channel your students’ passion for volunteerism.
To get started, simply fill out the form to the right and you’ll get an instant download from WE Volunteer Now, full of information on how to start a volunteer campaign at your school. You’ll also get access to grade-specific lessons you can use right away.
Plus, 600 schools will receive a $250 grant, make possible by the The Allstate Foundation, to use towards their service projects!
WE Volunteer Now Campaign Resources include:
- A step-by-step guide on how to get started with service learning in your classroom
- Volunteering ideas
- Information on important local and global issues, voiced especially for students
- A worksheet for you to complete with your class—by the end you’ll have a solid idea of which volunteering option is best for you!
- WE Volunteer Now curriculum
- Teacher checklists to keep you on track
- Prize Package(s)
- Have an educator, administrator, or adult group leader to fill out this application
- Be based in the U.S. and registered in the WE Schools program*
- Plan to use the provided funds between October 2018 – October 2019
- Include students/youth participants in grades K-12
- Participate in the WE Volunteer Now Campaign*
- Advocate religious or political ideology
- Attempt to influence legislation
- Promote political campaigns
- Directly donate the funds towards fundraising events such as golf tournaments, charity dinners, walk-a-thons, etc.
- Fulfill individual or group pledges