Brought to you by the Allstate Foundation and WE
Together, the Allstate Foundation and WE empower the world. The Allstate Foundation believes that when young people are empowered with the knowledge, skills and resources to be leaders, they can change our world for the better. That’s why they teamed up with WE to bring the WE Volunteer Now service curriculum to the classroom.
Looking for a fun way to get your students involved in volunteering and service learning? We have just the ticket! WE Volunteer Now is an inspired way to organize a student volunteer activity. Whether you want to visit a senior home, donate to a food pantry or raise awareness about a cause that your kids are passionate about—like safe driving or recycling— this campaign is an easy way to get started.
It’s a fact that volunteering has been shown to help improve the health and well-being of volunteers and donors. So, what are you waiting for? Simply fill out the form to the right and you’ll get an instant download from WE Volunteer Now, full of information on how to start a volunteer campaign at your school. You’ll also get access to grade-specific lessons you can use right away. Plus, 500 schools will receive a $250 grant to use towards their volunteer project!
WE Volunteer Now Campaign Resources include:
- A step-by-step guide on how to get started with service learning curriculum in your classroom
- Volunteering ideas
- Teacher checklists to keep you on track
- A worksheet for you to complete with your class—by the end you’ll have a solid idea of which volunteering option is best for you!
- We Volunteer Now curriculum
- Prize Package(s)
- Have an educator, administrator, or adult group leader to fill out this application
- Be based in the U.S. and registered in the WE Schools program*
- Plan to use the provided funds between October 2017 – October 2018
- Include students/youth participants in grades K-12
- Participate in the WE Volunteer Now Campaign*
- Advocate religious or political ideology
- Attempt to influence legislation
- Promote political campaigns
- Directly donate the funds towards fundraising events such as golf tournaments, charity dinners, walk-a-thons, etc.
- Fulfill individual or group pledges