We always like reading professional books alongside a teacher friend, so you have a conversation buddy and someone to bounce ideas off of. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer the A Book for You, a Book for a Friend giveaway, in conjunction with our friends at Corwin. Enter to win a copy of one of the books listed below, and you’ll also win a copy for your teacher friend PLUS a $25 Amazon gift card. Ten winners will be chosen in all!
Win two copies of one of the books below, plus a $25 Amazon gift card:
1. Grammar Keepers by Gretchen Bernabei
Lessons that tackle students’ most persistent grammar problems. Grades 4–12
2. Social Media Wellness by Ana Homayoun
Solutions for navigating an ever-changing social media world. Grades 3–12
3. Visible Learning for Science by John Almarode
A K–12 framework for choosing the right approach at the right time, depending on where students are within the three phases of learning: surface, deep, and transfer. Grades K–12
4. Real Talk About Classroom Management by Serena Pariser
50 proven best practices for managing today’s classroom, in a user-friendly format. Grades K–12
5. The Big Book of Literacy Tasks by Nancy Akhavan
75 tasks in beautiful full-color two-pagers ensure gradual release by moving more swiftly from the “I do” teacher phase to the “you do” phase, where students benefit from the healthy amount of struggle that is the hallmark of learning. Grades K–8
Ten (10) lucky educators will win a $25 Amazon gift card plus two (2) copies of their choice of the following books: 1. Grammar Keepers by Gretchen Bernabei, 2. Social Media Wellness by Ana Homayoun, 3. Visible Learning for Science by John Almarode, 4. Real Talk About Classroom Management by Serena Pariser, 5. The Big Book of Literacy Tasks by Nancy Akhavan. Prize value is approximately $225.
Back to top
|No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States. WeAreTeachers is the official administrator of this program and Corwin is the Sponsor. Employees of WeAreTeachers or the Sponsor and their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members (parent, spouse, child or sibling) of each are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
|Entry Rules and Agreements
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on May 30, 2018.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
|Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by June 3, 2018.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Three (3) winners will each receive a prize package that includes a laptop of their choice (value not to exceed $400), a classroom license of Vision classroom management software, and a $50 gift certificate to the Google Play store.
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
|General Program and Rules & Terms
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.