Hey there, coding teachers and teachers who dream of coding! Great news! Wonder Workshop and WeAreTeachers are giving away one ultimate Cue STEAM pack, including an online PD course, plus the same online course to five runners-up! Both are a great way to get you and your students ready and excited to participate in December’s Hour of Code.
Whether you and your students have been around a robot or two, or you’ve always wanted to dive into coding but were little unsure, this giveaway has something for you!
The Hour of Code™ is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming. Schools most often participate during Computer Science Education Week, December 3–9 this year, but teachers can host an Hour of Code at any time. Bring your classroom’s ideas about STEAM, coding, and robot to life for your own event with this special giveaway!
One grand prize winner will receive the Cue STEAM Pack and a PD course that bridges coding and robotics with visual expression. This pack is perfect for getting students in grades 6–8 to embrace design thinking! Use six Cue robots and the many accessories and project cards to code robot-drawn art and design. The possibilities are only as limited as students’ imaginations! The PD course will strengthen the skills and strategy necessary to bring coding to the classroom. Yes!
Five runners-up will win a PD bundle, featuring a foundational course from Wonder Workshop, Introduction to Coding and Robotics with Cue! This 12-hour course explores computer science principles, basic 101 coding, and robotic know-how. Winners will have their very own Cue to explore the material and ignite the imagination. The is a perfect prep course before tackling Cue and coding with middle schoolers.
Learn more how you can join other educators nationwide in bringing robotics and coding to the classroom. Teach Wonder!
|(1) Grand prize winner will receive a Wonder Workshop Cue STEAM pack includes:
(Prize valued at $2,000.)
- 6 Cue robots
- 6 marker harnesses
- 72 dry-erase markers (red, blue, green, orange, purple, black)
- 3 whiteboard mats
- 3 erasers
- 6 sets of project cards
- 1 PD online course (Introduction to Coding and Robotics)
|(5) Runner-up prize winners will each receive an online PD course, Introduction to Coding and Robotics with Cue, that includes:
(Prize valued at $400.)
- 12-hour foundation course with instructions for logging into the online platform Litmos
- 1 Cue robot
Back to top
|No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States. WeAreTeachers is the official administrator of this program and WONDER WORKSHOP is the Sponsor. Employees of WeAreTeachers or the Sponsor and their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members (parent, spouse, child or sibling) of each are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
|Entry Rules and Agreements
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on December 6, 2018.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
|Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by December 9, 2018.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: One (1) Grand Prize Winner receives a CUE STEAM Pack plus a PD course – total value $2,000; and five (5) runners up each receive a PD Bundle – a 12 hour Introduction to Coding and Robotics plus a CUE robo, total value $400 each.
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
|General Program and Rules & Terms
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.