How many more days of school do you have left until winter break? I bet you can tell us the EXACT answer down to the minute, and we don’t blame you. Teaching in December can be a slog, or a frenzy … a frenzied slog? We’ll go with it. To help get you through to your much-deserved break, we put together a list of some of our favorite winter break memes. Enjoy!
1. It’s the bottle of wine for me.
I’ll take the dark chocolate too.
2. Embrace the caffeine.
Sometimes it’s the only way to power through.
3. The drink of your choice will be waiting for you.
And a gift from parents is always welcome!
4. No possibility of taking a day off.
Break cannot come soon enough.
5. Honestly, my brain is already checked out.
We can make it through.
6. What stage are you in?
I’m feeling no. 5 today.
7. Straight to the naughty list …
I’m calling Santa.
8. Hang in there!
Break is in sight, even when it feels like you still have miles to go.
9. Countdowns help.
Your students will likely join you in the fun!
10. Stock up on the necessary supplies.
You’re going to need them.
11. Take it one day at a time.
A good rule for life and for teaching too.
12. Don’t be surprised if you’re tempted by the dark side.
Craftivities can have their place.
13. Keep your priorities straight.
Carbs, sweet carbs!
14. Remember, changing lives doesn’t come easy.
Or with perfect hours. But most of us do get paid time off during the holidays, which is a nice perk.
15. And forget about Santa—you’re the real dream makers!
Teachers make EVERYTHING happen. Never forget it.
16. Try to be patient.
We know, we know. It’s not fair!
17. And keep in mind, this too shall pass.
These kids won’t be hyped up on sugar and holiday craziness ALL year long.
18. Maybe you’ll bring home a basket full of gifts!
Well, it’s the thought that counts, right?
19. Especially the most meaningful kind.
We wish more people knew this.
20. So start the countdown …
TGIF, but for real.
21. And finish strong.
You definitely want to make it home in one piece.
22. Then rest, relax, and have a wonderful winter break!
Because you deserve it!
23. The days are long, but you can make it!
Waiving the white flag.
24. Can I be all of them at the same time?
I’m all about the cookies and a movie.
25. It’s a juggling act.
Let’s be honest, we’re all checked out.
26. Don’t even tell me.
I don’t want to know, TBH.
27. No, thank you!
That stack of papers can stay right where it is.
28. OOO until further notice.
29. How many did you get?
BINGO for me!
30. ’Twas the week before winter break …