We'd like to invite you to join Dr. Sally Ride and Dr. Karen Flammer, founders of Sally Ride Science; WeAreTeachers founder Sandy Fivecoat; and American College of Education's Dr. Shawntel Landry and Ms. Debra Cannon, as they discuss their ideas and strategies for bringing science to the forefront of your classroom—and your students' dreams. They discuss everything from the current state of science education in the U.S. to the implementation of common core standards and how it will directly impact teachers in the classroom. American College of Education
has partnered with Sally Ride Science to help teachers learn effective strategies in teaching science and promote science careers to their students through professional development training, graduate credit programs, and a M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with a Sally Ride Science Teaching Concentration. Learn more
about Sally Ride Science Teaching professional development and master’s degree programs at American College of Education, and receive a complimentary Guide to Online Learning when you request more information.
Take a listen to learn more!
Mentioned in this WATcast:
- Sally Ride Science: http://www.sallyridescience.com
- National Science Teachers Association Symposia: http://learningcenter.nsta.org/symposia.aspx
- Nation's Report Card: http://nationsreportcard.gov/
- PISA Exam: http://www.pisa.oecd.org
- Committee on a Conceptual Framework for New Science Education Standard: http://www7.nationalacademies.org/bose/Standards_Framework_Homepage.html
- Next Generation Science Standards: http://www.nsta.org/about/standardsupdate.aspx