Thank you for wanting to support this educator with your vote. You may vote for one entry per grant program. Voting can only be completed when you are logged into the site.
The Easy-to-Use Literacy Tool to Improve Both Reading Comprehension & Writing Skills
WriteToLearn™ is the only online writing instruction tool developed to reinforce the required interplay between reading, writing, and vocabulary — the bedrock of literacy. It is the only tool to include adaptive vocabulary exercises within reading passages.
• Summary writing — to develop reading comprehension
• Vocabulary — to expand word knowledge
• Essay writing — to build writing skills
WriteToLearn allows students to build all three skills through frequent, consistent practice with feedback for improvement. In addition, WriteToLearn addresses ALL of the recommendations included in Carnegie’s Reading Next and Writing Next reports, and it supports the Common Core State Standards.
With this complete online assessment and instruction tool, teachers, administrators, and others in your school system will save time and better serve the needs of struggling readers, writers, and English language learners.
Based on years of research and trusted educational technology, WriteToLearn engages students and provides flexible, easy-to-use, and effective writing assessment instruction.
• Vocabulary exercises in select reading passages complete the literacy instruction trio of reading, writing, and vocabulary
• Essay tips to help scaffold the essay writing process
• Expanded audio/visual support for English language learners and struggling readers, including:
• Enhanced teacher-authored prompts that allow for links to source documents, images, and video clips
• Compatible with tablet devices such as iPad; external keyboard recommended
Improve writing, comprehension & scores.
Common Core Standards - Writing Summary Assessment with WriteToLearn