iPads and tablets have become the tech darlings in many classrooms, but studies show they’re quickly becoming mainstays in the home as well. As the summer months give kids a break from school, tablets are going to help bridge the classroom and home with engaging, educational apps and games. Check out these parent-approved apps for tablets that you’ll be itching to share with your students' families!
Check out our top parent-loved tablet apps:
- Yushino Free by Yushino: This free app is an addictive game that turns math learning into a family fun affair! Like ‘Words with Friends’ but with numbers, Yushino integrates math, strategy and competition in a numbers game grade level kids to adults can play (with each other) – your class families will love it!
- “Clipboard” by VolunteerSpot: Parents love NOT waking up to an inbox full of reply-all emails! VolunteerSpot’s “Clipboard” app turns your iPad into a virtual signup sheet powered by VolunteerSpot - the leading online parent/teacher coordination engine. Next time you have a room full of parents, get them signed up on-the-spot to help with classroom events and school happenings (think weekly readers, recess helpers, class parties, parent teacher conferences, and tutor sessions) – remember this one for back to school, parents will thank you!
- Spelling City by Spelling City: Vocabulary quizzes have been a staple of classroom learning since parents were kids themselves. Have class parents encourage students to embrace spelling and learning new words with this fun, interactive app that makes games out of personal word lists.
- Pocket Universe by John Kennedy: Transform the ethereal experience of star-gazing into an intriguing learning experience. Tell your students’ parents to keep this app handy for their camping trips and vacations; simply by aiming an iPad at the sky, the app uses its internal compass and tells you what constellations and stars you're looking at. Users can brighten and dim depending on the lights around them – kids won’t want to put it down!
- Cozi Family Calendar by Cozi:
Organize parents and volunteers
with free online sign up sheets
from VolunteerSpot! We save teachers hundreds of hours by simplifying the task of signing up, scheduling, and reminding parents – reducing your busy work and leaving you more time to focus on what’s important. Take a tour today